FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Saturday, April 3, 2010

The List: Things I Dread

I have a top ten list of things I dread the most.

10. The yearly physical. I am always afraid my Doc will discover, despite my description of a healthy lifestyle, all the tests will reveal the opposite.

9. Taxes, they make me break out in a sweat and no organizational skills will ever relieve the last minute digging through drawers, files and even my wallet to find all the information I need.

8. Putting gas in the car. Could some one please come up with a car that just runs forever without having to stop?

7. Laundry is the most mundane task in the world. What is inspiring of taking items out of one tub and putting it in another? Then folding and putting it away--only to pull it out of a drawer and start the whole process again.

6. Cleaning bathrooms especially with boys in the house. Do I need to further explain this?

5. For now holidays are the worst.

4. Doing dishes and I thank every day Mike finds this therapeutic.

3. Hot weather, and I mean the oppressively southern hot climate.

2. Buying shoes, or should I say finding shoes that don't hurt my feet.

1. Saying goodbye to Tony and David, hugs and all, as they climb in the car to return to school.

Yes, that is my number one dread.


1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you at every turn during this Holy Week and every week.

    ReplyDelete