FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Back In Time

Today I delivered gifts donated by Blis, the uptown gift shop where I work, for the kids on the oncology and hematology floor at Levine's Children's Hospital.  I stepped back in time, only this visit was without Joe.  I was there alone, without my son and only carrying a bag of gifts.  I had never been to the"11th" floor without Joe.  The only time we visited his oncologist office alone was when he told us Joe was dying.

I saw his favorite nurses today, his oncologist and the visit was filled with hugs and questions of how we were doing.  It felt good to see the incredible people who took such great care of Joe.

So maybe, however gut wrenching and painful this visit was, going back in time may help us move forward.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there friend, you are amazing... Keep moving.. .Love ya lots...

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that you were able to do that is amazing. So are you.

    ReplyDelete