FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Walking With My Pals

Tuesday and Thursday mornings I walk with my "Gal Pals". No attendance is required. Whoever is there walks, if you can't make it, we miss you and look forward to the next time. We all are dealing with hectic schedules, teenagers, college decisions and whatever life throws at you, so making a morning walk stressful is definitely needless.

I look forward to these walks every week, and though the concept is in it's infancy, this spoke in the wheel of my recovery gains importance at every step. It quite simply may save my sanity. Grieving is painfully draining, both physically and emotionally. There are days I just don't know how I will face one more hour of missing Joe.

But twice a week, with my "Gal Pals", we walk, talk, laugh, hug and for me this falls in to the column of what helps.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I was there with you, walking, talking and sharing the good and the bad. But I am glad you have peeps to share with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to lace up again on Tuesday and walk our cares away . . . at least for 45 minutes!

    ReplyDelete