FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Snowing

It is snowing in Charlotte, not a common event and I am sure every child is holding their breath hoping for a day off from school. But I remember a year ago this past December when we had flurries and I tried in vain to tell Joe about the snow. But he could not engage at that point so we all stayed inside snuggled in blankets in our room.

Joe loved the snow and I have a vivid memory of him and his brothers playing in piles of it in a freak snow storm in Dallas. They posed for a picture in our foyer bundled in sweaters, jackets and socks on their hands for mittens, because why in the world would you have mittens in Dallas. Every time it snows I think of that picture. The happy times, his bight shining brown eyes, and of course as always, his arms draped around Tony and David.

No comments:

Post a Comment