FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Perfect gift

Every year we search for the perfect gift for those we love. It may be boots, books, or baby clothing for an impending birth, a wallet or a picture of an important event.

But my Mom found the most perfect gift, yes after 55 years, it was impeccable. We sat there opening presents and there in a wonderful bag was my "Flower in a Sidewalk" frozen in time, never to die silk flowers. As I pulled out of the bag my Mom sat up straight and said we need to fluff up the petals. But as I glanced towards her she cared less about the flowers, the tears in her eyes were for me.

So to my Mom, who took the time and the energy to find the gift of my lifetime, I thank you. And I thank you and Dad for always being there for me, Mike, Tony and David.

2 comments:

  1. Your mom is THE BEST! How perfect. Your blog is becoming a 'garden in a sidewalk!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read this from afar for quite some time. I haven't been keeping up for a couple of months. Something pulled me here tonight and then realized that Joe had been gone for one year yesterday. I think about your family often and keep you close in my heart. I will find some quiet time this week to catch up. I love your writing - such an inspiration!
    Always - Celine

    ReplyDelete