FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Monday, December 27, 2010

The Book

You have asked for me to write it and I have resisted. You have asked when will I write it and I have resisted. You have asked if you could help and I have resisted. Until today when I finally opened the five inch binder of Joe's postings as well as mine. I took an inch of a step towards writing the book.

But even by dipping my toe into the waters of my grief I felt the aches and pains in my joints. The physical pain of loss. The tears in my eyes fogged the words I had written. I was not clear in my direction of what was important to say, the gravity of my message, the fact that we were blessed to be with Joe until the end.

The book will come, I have made the first step towards that, but patience may be the author along with a strong heart.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. All in good time. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane - glad you're making the small steps to do this book - you indeed have a story to tell which will make a difference! Not many days go by without my thoughts drifting towards the Restaino family! Hope Tony's healing well from the appendectomy and that your Christmas with family was a good one. Am at Holy Comforter part-time since start of Advent and enjoying it.
    Blessings to you all this new year!

    ReplyDelete