FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

For All of You

Yesterday was the hardest day, I pulled myself through the sludge, the incredible fog that dulled my brain and my heart. But I would have never made it through the day without every one of you, yes you who have steadfastly stood by our side as devoted soldiers, fighting to keep our heartbreak at bay.

The pain of Joe's birthday was unbearable in the morning. But then came the comments on Facebook, the emails from friends, the lavender from my mom and dad. And Tony and David who were equally as dulled down struggled between avoidance and wanting to remember so every correspondence gave them a ray of hope.

What took my breath away were the Men of McCallie. Each one of Joe's closest friends called, texted and one visited our home. To you I tip my hat because at such an early age you get it.

I am, we are, forever grateful for your love, your acts of kindness, your messages and your support. So we wish you a Merry Christmas and only the best for the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment