FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Sunday, September 19, 2010

When Is..

When is the final goodbye? I have searched forever for the answer. And just when I think I have come to the absolute end of my grief of losing Joe, I turn a corner and get smacked down.

So when does it stop? Will it be a year, or two years, maybe five years or never. I don"t know. All I know there is not a day that goes by we don't miss Joe. I hate how our family has been redefined and rearranged as we search through the darkness ending up feeling our way through every day.

A loss of a son, a brother, a friend sets you back a notch or two. We try every day to keep going, one foot in front of the other. But to be honest it is hard to keep going, to put the smile on our faces, to live as we did before. And maybe that is the key, we will never live like we did before losing Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment