FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Fall

The air in Charlotte has lost the horrendous humidity (thank goodness because my hair looks better), and I feel the crispness of fall approaching. This is my most favorite time of the year because it beckons the beginning of the holiday season. No, I am not putting my Christmas tree up at this very moment, but it always reminds me of the start of another school year, promises ahead and the journey to spring.

I love the scarfs, the coats, the gloves and the boots, oh yes I love the boots. Putting logs on the fire, curling up with a good book with an equally wonderful blanket and having popcorn with the perfect movie are the ingredients to my cherished time of the year. It also will be the most dreaded time as this was the beginning of the end for Joe's life.

How does it always happen that way? Your favorite collides with your worst. Could it be that you are given the opportunity to hold on to the wonderful memories desperately pushing aside your nightmares? It is a chance for us to go into dormancy to emerge on the other end of renewal? I wish I had all the answers but I don't, so I will feel my way through every day and with a bit of luck come out on the other end wiser.

1 comment:

  1. Diane, I just love the way you write. Every post brings me to tears, but in a good way. You are always so graceful. Love! Leah

    ReplyDelete