FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Agitation

I can't put my finger on my agitation this week. Everything bugs me, even the person at the grocery check out, who unfortunately has been the recipient of my nastiness. I have a scowl on my face and every movement is a huge effort. I feel the heaviness on my shoulders and my gait once again. What the heck is going on? Why is this happening?

And then the light bulb went on. This is the week we received the news that Joe's cancer had recurred, the week of our final decision, the week we knew he was dying. It was the week he headed to Penn to say goodbye to his friends, the week we drove to McCallie to tell Tony and David the news. The week his surgeon said no more, and I sat in my car, alone, discussing Joe's options with his oncologist.

The week I told Joe how much we loved him and would miss him forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment