FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Traveling

This goes back a bit to when David and I started out to Athens, Greece. We sat in airports, thanks to free tickets, for over 13 hours. I eventually resorted to people watching out of shear boredom. Yes, the outfits both male and female, changed drastically from Charlotte to New York to Heathrow to Athens. Just a word of advice...ditch the car, find a bike or walk because everything skinny will be hitting our shores very soon.

But even though the fashion scene was entertaining what was not entertaining was witnessing "cell phone" relationships. I know this sounds funny but I actually saw people caress their phones, holding on to them for dear life. I saw one person look at her phone when the ticket agent asked her a question, as if the small black screen would give her the answer. Then there are the glancers, you know the ones who look every several seconds for the text, tweet, facebook post or email. Then I panicked. I was holding my phone in my hand as if it held all the answers to my questions. I slipped into my backpack since I don't want to hug a phone. I want to hug my family.

1 comment:

  1. Diane,
    How true it is we are way too connected to our cell phones.Mine feels permanently attached to my hand at times, because I know its my contact if Mike or Steven ever need me, I never want to put it down or be away from it.
    Bet you will be happy when David is home soon.
    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete