FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Decisions and What We Do

This weekend was all about decisions. After emptying the storage unit we had a late dinner with Tony and moved into a conversation of what has influenced our decisions during our lives. Mike I talked about our choice of college, moving for jobs, buying and selling homes. Tony talked about his search for a boarding school, how he was set on a school in the Northeast, but stepped back with the news of Joe not responding to his chemotherapy. He paused, and thought if I have a chance to go to McCallie and be with my brother I will.

So I don't know how we have been so fortunate to have three sons, who understood the meaning of making a decision, without talking, but knowing this is what you do to be there to support each other.

I am sure with other circumstances decisions would be different. You never know. But this is how is worked for our family, and we have felt the incredible strong support from every one that has crossed our path. Yes, decisions made in the moment can be powerful. As were Tony and David's.

No comments:

Post a Comment