FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Jolted Back to Reality

First off it is a very bad idea to schedule a dentist appointment the day after you return from a great trip. That one event started the ball rolling and my jolt back to reality. Ironically just because you are out of the country doesn't give a free pass on bills, laundry, work or grocery shopping. I lived in a cocoon for nearly three weeks and forgot the drudgery of it all. OK, I admit I was in heaven.

So these past days I have pushed my reluctant butt through my chores with one astonishing realization. How can I have this much laundry since we each traveled with small backpacks and wore the same thing practically every day? So my laundry cloning theory is no longer a theory! It happens quietly in the dead of night in the dark corners of the dirty clothes basket. And the evil sock stealer is not in our imaginations and has made permanent residence in the dryer.

1 comment:

  1. Diane,
    glad to hear you are back. we thought of you often while you were away and wondered about the many adventures you were having.would love to hear more about it...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete