FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Friday, January 11, 2013

Making It Through The Week

I made it through the week.  It was not pretty, it was tearful and I was drained.  But when the messages, the cards and the phone calls starting coming I knew I was not alone.  Not in my grief or those who still remember Joe.

It so hard for me to believe that is has been three years.  It seems like yesterday, and yet a lifetime ago, that we transformed our home in to a mini hospital.  It seems like yesterday I drove Joe to McCallie for his last chapel talk with twelve oxygen tanks in the back seat with Mike and my parents following behind.

It  seems like a century ago he was diagnosed.  I miss him, my family misses him and his friends miss him. Thank you for helping our family make it through his difficult week. We are fortunate to have you by our side.

No comments:

Post a Comment