FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year

One year ago I posted a resolution for a more peaceful, less tearful 2012.  Well, I made it half way and I think I deserve a pat on the back for that.  I have made peace with Joe being gone but I have had to talk about him more this year to people who never knew him.  I had to put myself out there to promote Joedance and the stories come up.  And it is tough.  I consider a good meeting is without tears or choking up.

I have met with other families that have lost their children to rare cancers.  We cry, we hug, we are all raising money for rare cancers.  We will never be as big as the "Pink" but we are all doing good on a smaller scale.

Yes, I have accepted losing Joe but I have not made peace with those who still suffer with rare pediatric  cancers.  Hopefully in memory of Joe I will go forward with grace to help others. And that is my New Year's resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment