FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Switch UP

I was going to update everyone on Joedance with this blog but I am taking a different direction.  Just before writing this blog I saw a post on the McCallie Facebook page about Jordan Thomas, a boy Joe went to school with at McCallie.  Jordan had a horrible boating accident while on vacation with his family and the result was losing both of his legs from the calf down. He started a foundation to help fund prothesis for others in need, he was nominated as a CNN Hero of the Year and he now has a video on the Golf Channel.

But what you may not know is that one of the last emails Joe read was from Jordan Thomas, and one of the last phone calls our family received was from Jordan Thomas.  I remember his words. "They call me a hero but Joe has always been my hero and I think of him every day as I continue my work."

They are both heroes. One that rose from a tragedy and one that taught us to live while dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment