FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Thursday, February 17, 2011

HIt Me Hard

Today I was going through my emails and there was one from McCallie outlining the schedule for Parent's Weekend. As parents of Seniors I don't know much more we can do in the order of conferences or college applications. But as I scrolled down the list of events my heart dropped. On the official schedule was Joe's Bone Cancer Walk and Swim-A-Thon.

A walk Joe started his Junior year, a walk his brothers have taken on to remember him, a walk that his friends come back for year after year. A walk that is difficult for me since the last one he attended he was recovering from lung surgery and we knew it would most likely be his last. The one I wanted to hold him close but that was not the case. He wanted his friends, he wanted everyone else close but us since it was to painful.

So I will walk on March 5th at McCallie, as I will do every year from this time forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment