FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankgiving

This should be a day of giving thanks, but to be honest I search to find the meaning of this looking over the past trudges of my life. Losing a daughter and then a son, well giving thanks is hard to muster up and plaster on a pretty face. I lost Cora Ann just before Thanksgiving and this same time 19 years later was when Joe slipped into incoherence. Tony and David were born the same day, one year after I lost Cora Ann and that makes this day bittersweet. Thanksgiving to me means nothing more than loss, of what would have been, what should have been, and what I truly wanted but was always just beyond my reach.

I try and try again to find thanks this time of year, and the end result, after all of these tragic events, is that Tony and David were our gift. And for that I will continue be thankful.

1 comment:

  1. The other side of that, the part you can't see, is how very grateful others are for YOU. For your friendship, your spirit, strength and creativity. For not running away from the heartache, instead taking up running - again! And running for your life! For the fun, fiery Italian you. And for, through you, Cora Ann, Joe, David and Tony. I feel so blessed to have you in my life, on Thanksgiving and all the rest of the days. xxo

    ReplyDelete