FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Big Yawn

This day is full of tedious tasks that I can no longer avoid. Trying to draw any inspiration from going to the dry cleaners, replacing heels on shoes; or better yet filling out the Census Report; only leaves me coming up empty. Faced with an utterly mundane day with no sunshine can certainly get a girl down.

Obviously some days are just not as profound as others. Lacing up my Nike's preparing to do my usual "things to do list loop" in uptown Charlotte I think this is not so bad. I will knock out a walk, which I enjoy, and my incredibly dull errands.


1 comment:

  1. Diane,
    Funny how the mundane and ordinary so many times become the profound and incredible. Remember the song in "Finding Nemo" .....just keep swimming..swimming...swimming....(Dory sings it)
    What you are doing is good...the writing, expressing and sharing.
    Even I, who has experienced very little, must sing, and practice this to get through my very ordinary and mundane day.
    I think Jonny is coming for a visit next week. I'm thankful, though I must admit wish he was visiting here too! Hope all goes well.
    love and stuff, mike and kendall newman

    ReplyDelete