FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Monday, June 25, 2012

Moving On Up

This past week was devoted to moving my parents into a continuing living home. I experienced the upheaval of moving through very different eyes. It was not the same as when Mike and I moved alone or with the boys. It was a move to another stage of their lives. One where cooking for themselves is not a thought, one of navigating a new space at 88 years old, one of saying maybe I don't need four different muffin pans. They are onto another stage of their lives and I will miss that only three blocks seperated us these past six years.  Now it is a twenty minute drive to their new sunny apartment filled with  everything that has meant so much to them.  We settled them in with only a few things left to unpack and I know in my heart before long they will be part of the Southminster community and loving everyday. I wish you well Mom and Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment