FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Salvation Army

Today with the trunk full of Joe's belongings I drove to Salvation Army. There were bags of Joe's shoes, shorts of varies sizes and his trophies he earned from swimming. Two bins were filled with his belongings and tears rolled down my cheeks. The check in guy sensed this was something special and repeatedly asked how my day was going. I finally turned to him with a tear streaked face and explained this is where Joe, my son who passed away, and his bothers would come every Wednesday to shop the 50% sale for t-shirts. They wore them proudly and even gave them to each other for Christmas.

I told him this was the perfect place to donate his clothes. And with a wink of my eye I said make sure the recipients are special.

No comments:

Post a Comment