FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Sunday, May 16, 2010

New Beginnings

Our weekend was filled with celebrations. A graduation for a mom from Seminary who worked for her degree over several years, a baptism for a set of twins, and a college graduation of a friend's daughter that has achieved her dream to attend the USC masters program in Film Studies. Each of them starting a new chapter in their lives, with all the promise and hope of the future, and I teared up through every party and ceremony. I cried for Joe and his dashed dreams.

But through the flurry of all the celebrations I remember two acts of kindness. First the gentle and loving hug from Mary and second the comforting embrace from Joe (not my son but a friend). Both were powerful enough to be chiseled into my memory and allowed me to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment