FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

This day, which in the past has been an opportunity to reflect on the joy my sons have given me each year, is now mixed generously with sorrow. I have been the recipient of cards, poems, letters and even some interesting jewelry, always treasuring them and tucking them away for safe keeping. My tradition was to read previous cards before adding the new ones to the box. I could not do that this year. I can't even bring myself to open the box so these cards are in my dresser until I have the strength to add them.

I did receive dear cards and emails from family and friends; but the one missing is from Joe and causes tears to roll down my cheeks. I don't even try to hold them back. I silently repeat to Joe how much I love and miss him. Then I close my eyes remembering happier times and how thankful I am for Tony and David.

No comments:

Post a Comment