FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Susan

There was Susan at our front porch, impeccably dressed, with the up most dignity and grace.  And she had just admitted her husband of forty-two years to an Alzheimer's facility just two days ago.   She said I lost him when he had cancer and I have lost him again two days ago.

I know what that means.  There are stages of losing those you love.  We went through it with Joe.  We lost him when he was diagnosed, we lost him again when he did not respond to treatment and the last loss was when surgery was not an option.

Susan has lost a life she knew, a husband she adored but has the blessing  that her children surround her with love and help every day. I keep Susan in my thoughts every day and this family that is enduring the loss of a family member.

No comments:

Post a Comment