FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Sunday, April 7, 2013

One Week after Easter

This is one of the hardest religious holidays for me.  I still to this day can not attend church on Easter.  I think about the promise and hope of a new beginning and quite frankly all I can see is the incredible pain my family has endured. I think about Tony and David continuing on with their lives without Joe. I think of his friends, aunts and uncles, cousins and grandparents moving on after his death.  I think about Joedance and what it means to so many as we continue to remember him.

On this Sunday after Easter I remember my son, so smart and with such a quick wit, taught us to live for today.  Who taught us the power of forgiveness.  Who taught us how to say "I am scared but with you at my side I will be brave."

Who taught us to say "I love you and miss you" to those who are important.

No comments:

Post a Comment