FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Catch Up and Catch My Breath

I run from this email to that appointment to the decision of paper for the letter head to budgets to the insurance guy meeting to five year business plans and sponsors packets.  Joedance is in my face, in my life everyday.  But there are no complaints.  This is good.  For everyday I had no control of what would happen to Joe has been replaced with total control of how Joedance Film Festival will be next year and the years to come.  How we will remember Joe, those who have suffered before him and this who will suffer beyond him with rare pediatric cancers.  And the result will be more awareness and funds raised for research.

I am not usually comfortable speaking in front of crowds, it takes a strong summoning of strength from deep inside.  Asking for money is out of my comfort zone but for some reason now it comes easy.  I tend to tear up when I talk about Joe before and after his cancer and the toll it took on our family.  How the odds of him having bone cancer were so slim, the fact of him surviving was even slimmer leaves me drained.

But at every turn there is a compassionate heart.  Another person that comes on board with their support.  And again I am overwhelmed by their generosity of their time and talent. I could not, our family could not do this with the support of all you.   So I summon my strength, I talk about my son and the harsh treatments, I look them in the face saying he died far to young from a rare cancer.  And yes if you support this cause maybe we can find a better way.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment