FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Thank You's

Every year after Joedance I send  personal notes thanking everyone who donated their time and money to raise awareness for rare and complex cancers.  And every year I write with blurred vision of tears in my eyes.  I get the zip codes wrong, the 9's look like 8's, I write and rewrite the cards till I think they are right for those who have sent money, those who gave their time and talent to make Joedance a success.  These cards are sent to so many people that knew Joe's journey and to those who have just learned of our heartbreak.  I as write these notes the tension that filled my shoulders preceding Joedance starts to lessen, replacing it with your love and willingness to gather every year for Joedance to remember a son and a brother.


No comments:

Post a Comment