FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Will Joe Know

I miss Joe every day. But I miss him so much more when it is time to send Tony and David off to school. This year it is off to college and not back to the comfortable shoe of McCallie. This is new territory. We have had to navigate UK Student Visas, pages and pages of athletic forms, finding a black suit, a tuxedo shirt, dress shoes, ordering athletic clothes for Tony, producing student Id's and in the end realizing boots were in order.

It sounds like a whirlwind, and it is, but I miss Joe because it reminds me of sending him off to Penn. How he said I have everything I need, how I knew he needed more and how we saw him at Penn State for a water polo tournament and then he said I am cold. And how we shopped for his Northface, and the Greens bought him the hat and gloves, and we wrapped him in the warmth of thermal shirts.

I wanted Joe to see his brothers off, give them advice and tell them what to expect. That was my dream but the reality is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment