FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Empty Nesters

We will be truly empty nesters in less than thirty days. We have wondered about the days of flying solo. Not having to coordinate cars, or when will we ever have a dinner together, are your clothes clean and do we ever have enough food in the house. We are embarking on chicken breasts for two and a small salad. And four months from now I will be given the chance to embarrass my sons with the biggest bear hug known to motherhood.

So Skype is in place, I am warming up my thumbs to text message, my email account is razor sharp and hopefully there will be a response from the other end. But if there is not that is okay because no news is good news. And that means my boys are also flying solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment