FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Friday, August 5, 2011

Minneapolis

There is a time in everyone's life when everything is working on all cylinders. Your family, your career, your friends, your hair, your shoes (ok that is for us girls) are perfectly aligned. Before our boys came along, which was our second perfect cylinder phase, that was Minneapolis. We were young and just starting our careers with all the energy that comes with young thirty somethings. No downturn in the economy phased us since we had our whole life ahead of us.

Fast forward to a reunion in Minneapolis this weekend with two different agencies where I had worked. Interesting that many of them created and recreated themselves over the past years. Finding ways to stay employed in a business that almost always cuts back in hard economic times. Even with them finding their way outside the stiffness of the corporate world their creativity was never lacking. I found myself, as I do with my friend Julie; who by the way has more creative thoughts in her baby finger than anyone I know; in refreshing climate. There is just something about these advertising folk. Nothing much gets them down, and even if it does you would never know because they are always working on the next big idea. Simply put that is what I love about them and thank you for having me in your world for I was just a less than creative media buyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment