FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

I gave my Dad a card today that stated on the cover "Thank you for your patience" and on the inside it went on to say and more patience, and more patience and even more patience. That was my Dad always the "Steady Eddy" when us girls were whirling out of control. He was the one who patiently sailed with me while I was learning, never yelling only doing his famous finger point signaling you are on the wrong tact, or sitting back when everything was shipshape. He has been my sounding board for so many years, my political outlet for discussions, my stockbroker and the weaver of tales from the past.

But today he was my Dad who said his infamous prayer blessing everyone in the world and those who were seated at his table. Happy Father's Day Dad and I look forward to as many more as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment