FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cross Roads

I am at the corner of pain and hope. When you chose the road of pain your heart freezes in time or you can choose the road that moves you forward. I am choosing hope. As a sitting member on the Family Advisory Council I have witnessed changes at Levine Children's Hospital that will make kids stays easier and less painful. I am working on a project that will help parents cope better with the stress of seeing their children suffer. I have put myself in a place of greeting patrons at the Belk Theater so they can enjoy the evening. I look for activities that I enjoy; friends, family, a walk or a book.

Optimally you have two choices with tragedy, the high road or the low road. I am choosing the high road. The road of hope in my son's memory.

1 comment: