FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

When You Least Expect It

A year and four months since Joe passed away and we thought questions about Joe would be over. But today a poor soul at the other end of the phone diligently worked to update our car insurance and asked an innocent question. Does Joseph Michael Restaino drive your cars? There was silence on my end of the cell phone. I choked, I coughed, I rearranged myself at my desk. I must have taken too long to do all those things since in the hollow of my brain I heard a distant voice again inquiring about Joseph Michael Restaino. I said no he does not. He asked again if we wanted to add him to our insurance. I skirted the question saying he does not drive. He pressed and I gave in finally saying he passed away.

This young man, whose charge is to follow up on insured clients, spoke softly saying I will make sure we will never inquire about Joseph Michael Restaino.

No comments:

Post a Comment