FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Let Go, Say Goodbye

The fine line of letting go and saying goodbye until the next time is always blurred. We let go in a sense when our boys went to McCallie and then said goodbye in the most final way with Joe. But I hold on to Tony and David, probably to the point of uneasiness, but they always humor my tight grip. Maybe it is my sense of losing them to some unforeseen tragedy is always in the back of my mind. What is not to blame since we have buried two children.

A year and half after losing Joe I try hard not to lose Tony and David. That means letting go and saying goodbye until the next time, taking a step or two back that eventually brings them closer to us. What they don't know is that everyday I want to hug them forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment