FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Janice Kim

This is not a name familiar outside of our family's circle, meaning Mike and myself. Janice is a long time business associate and friend of Mike's, and although I had never met her until tonight I remember him talking of her. Janice is from Korea and was living there during Joe's last months. She emailed several times always extending her prayers and comfort over the thousands of miles that separated us. Tonight I met Janice Kim. We talked about our sons, she talked about my blog.

When writing on the Caring Bridge site I naively thought I was writing to keep family and friends up to date, little did I know how far reaching those posts went. Janice explained how she would read them and than pass them on to her friends. On a trip to Ireland I realized the Robbie and Susie Lyons relatives read it everyday. I received emails and posts from readers all over the country and Charlotte. Again it was someone who knew us and passed it on to their family and friends.

I was amazed by the following, I am still overwhelmed by all you who still check in and read. The comfort of knowing you were there quietly holding our hands until the end of Joe's life and continue to hold us in your hearts is extraordinary.

1 comment:

  1. I thought my comment was posted on 27th but just found it was not!
    Anyway,
    Yes, I read Diane's journals every day when she wrote to care bridge. Every night I was watching computer monitor and crying. Every journal touched me and made me cry. I spread her journals to many people whom I knew who had similar difficulties in family member or friends. They fed back to me with several good words, and made them see their situation differently. That helped people a lot. It was great time to see her in face as one of her fan.

    ReplyDelete