FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Leah

The box comes every year just about the same time in December.  It is from Leah Moir my dear, sweet  friend who lives in Knoxville and ironically the first friend I met when we moved there.  And every year it is three ornaments and have never been the same ones the past three years.  The first set was stars, then crystal crosses and this year silver bells.  In the box is always a note of how she searches until she finds just the right ones.

After Joe, Tony and David's ornaments are hung I take my time to put each one on the tree.  Just as she searches for the right ones in remembrance of Joe and our family I hang them with the same feeling.  And long after Tony and David are gone on to their own homes our tree will be filled with Joe's and Leah's ornaments.

Leah's jester of love reminds me how important friends and family are, not just during the Christmas season, but all year long.  Thank you Leah for your beautiful gift every year.  




No comments:

Post a Comment