FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Mom Love

Tonight is chilly by North Carolina standards and I have put on Joe's sweater to keep me warm.  The sweater I bought for him when he went off to UPenn.  The one he wore with his jeans and khakis.   The one he hugged and thanked me for as he went on to his freshman year of college.

Tonight I feel the warmth of his sweater and the bursting pride of him being part of our lives.  We were forever changed by Joe and his bravery facing death.  But our family embraces our own bravery of facing life without Joe welcoming decisions based on that experience of losing a precious part of our family and pushing forward in our own way wrapped in his memory.  

The "Mom Love" never waivers even in the shadow of a loss you will never forget and I am forever grateful for my sons Joe, Tony and David giving me the opportunity to shower them with it everyday. 

Happy Mother's Day 

No comments:

Post a Comment