FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dangerous Liaisons

I am a forever lover of  ballet.  I fell head over heels with it when my Grandmother took us to see the Nutcracker when I was maybe eight or nine.  The costumes, the lighting and the ballerinas luminous skin was blazed into my memory.  I was amazed with the beauty punctuated by the sound of their toe shoes tapping lightly on the floor.

This past week I was fortunate to experience another ballet that left all in awe.  Dangerous Liaisons,  Sahsa Janes of the North Carolina Ballet Theater latest triumph was at the Knight Theater.  A fifty minute spectacular of striking costumes, complex moves and original cello music.  A night of witnessing a true talent allowing us to feel his passion was breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment