FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Violins of Hope

It is the story of Amnon Wienstien, a second generation violin maker, who devotes his life to making and repairing violins, some  have been from Holocaust survivors and victims.  By the grace of David Russell, Professor of Violin at UNCC this incredible program was brought to Charlotte.   As I worked the orchestra level I listened in the darkness of the theater with tears in my eyes.  This beautiful music washed over me and brought me back to a time when music was so important us during the last months with Joe.

His was the  "On the Go" number  three.  The music he would fall to sleep every night,  a combination of Lord of the Rings, Cry, Yo-Yo Ma, and John Williams.  He'd put on his ear phones welcoming the comfort of his playlist.  Then when that was not possible we would play his music as he would slip away.  

The power of the violins consoled so many during a dark time  and the power of Joe's playlist soothed his soul, and ours, during our darkest time for our family.  

I have preserved his "Go To " playlist and when may heart is at the breaking point I revisit it and feel it's calming effect.  Thank you Joe for sharing and leaving behind this precious gift.  

No comments:

Post a Comment