FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Monday, February 13, 2012

Knit One Purl Two

I have not done any knitting since Joe was in treatment. And when he was I was a knitting machine using it as a mindless outlet. So many of you have my by product of doing something while I could not do anything.

But recently Tony requested a knitted scarf to keep him warm in Chicago. I agreed and set off to knit a long warm cashmere merino wool scarf for him. I thought it would take a week or two but it has stretched in to three months. I would knit and then remember this or that and time would pass without a stitch. I was re-knitting the scarf for Tony that I did for Joe as a freshman at McCallie and every other row I would remember something. I would capture an image, a photograph of the boys, a conversation, a giggle here or there and their love for each other.

Every scarf I knit for friends and family as a "thank you" for your support was easy. This scarf was a labor of love combined with many beautiful memories.

1 comment:

  1. I cherish my beautiful orange scarf . . . and the friend who made it!

    ReplyDelete