FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Friday, December 30, 2011

Resolutions

With the New Year approaching we tend to flip through the rolodex of familiar resolutions: lose weight, exercise more, give up the smokes, drink less and make more time for family and friends. All are well intended and some are even achieved by those who are committed to their resolutions.

This year I have a very different list. I want to laugh more and cry less. I want frequent memories of Joe from the months before instead of his last month. I want to lessen the gripping fear of losing Tony and David. Plan for the next phase of my life with Mike as we edge closer every year to retirement. Try to move forward, accept what our family has become while never forgetting those we have lost and the impacts they made. Make a "bucket list" and start checking it off.

These are not traditional resolutions. Some will be easier than others and I hope this list will guide me through a more peaceful new year. My wish is the same to our family and friends

1 comment: