FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Monday, December 19, 2011

The Boys Are Home

You forget after months of eating dinner in the company of two how abbreviated that time becomes. It is not like when the boys are home when past dinner's would last an hour or more. Refreshing best describes dinner last night sitting around the table with my parents and the boys catching up on the last four months. What fun it was to listen to their stories from college, training trips and surviving a twenty-one hour trip home. (Yes, that would be David!)

I am forever grateful for Tony and David but I must confess I still look at the front door hoping Joe will appear. I know he is with us in our hearts and memories but selfishly I want him across the table from me one more time. To give us just one more opportunity to tell him how much we love him, how proud we are of him and of course catch him up with all the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment