FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Four Hours

I work at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center as an usher and ironically it has been my best therapy. It is four hours of fun and an opportunity to be with people who don't know about Joe. It is my escape and I feel good at the end of every performance. Even with the stealth vomiter or the patron placed in the wrong seat or the ones who try to bring in a fourteen inch pizza I am happy when I leave. The house is filled with volunteers with one mission in mind: to make attending a theater performance a pleasant experience. They are wonderful.

To my friend, David, who pushed me towards this job and would not take no for an answer, I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment