FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

One Old, One Young

I heard of two deaths this week, one of an elderly woman I knew in book club and one of a classmate of Joe's; just a mere 21 years old. Both, in different ways, took me to my knees. It was Joyce struggling in the last years of her life, and Gus having his life cut short. Either way there was a knot in my gut, the one I felt when Joe passed away, the wrenching feeling when I knew there was nothing more that could be done.

I don't know which is worse: being by their side when they die or never having the opportunity to say good bye. Either way there will always be a hole in your heart and ribbons of memories that play constantly in your mind.

I hope for peace to both families.

No comments:

Post a Comment