FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Sorrow

I don't know how to convey my sorrow to a family who has lost their son. The card is on the desk, and all I can think of writing is "I am so sorry, just so, so sorry and you are in our thoughts." Is that enough, is it too much, is it pretentious for us to feel their grief. I have learned everyones path is different, each one has their own special of way dealing loss and pain. Anger, the hollow feeling in your stomach in the morning, the shaking voice when asked how many children you have. Do you leave that one out for convenience of not having to explain. Do you then spend years of forgetting yet years of remembering in private? Do I silently wish to see Joe walk through the door? No doubt that is my wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment