FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Graduation

I was organized. Planned ahead. All appropriate clothing was laid out in military fashion to expedite the packing of navy blazers, charcoal dress pants with dark socks, white pants with light socks. Suits and dresses were lined up by time and day. Control was the business of the day and weekend. I packed the car, picked up my parents on time and swooped Mike in the car from work. We were on our way to Graduation. We arrived, with a few mishaps on the way but nothing we could not over come, in time to have dinner with Tony and David. The conversation was lively and we turned in early knowing the planned activities would make for a long weekend.

I laid my head on the pillow with ease knowing every i was dotted and every t was crossed. I relaxed. Then it happened the next morning. A little thing called water.

As we were getting ready, I turned the water on in the sink, left the bathroom to retrieve some item I felt was important, turned the corner to the bathroom only to realize the slickness of the water covering the floor. Legs slipping out from underneath me I slid across the tile floor and by the power of my right arm I stopped my motion with a slam in to the toilet.

My perfect planning was destroyed, and only having sleeveless dresses I attended Graduation with a large bruise on my upper right arm. Could have been worse so I will take the bruise as a stroke of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment