FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Monday, May 6, 2013

Peace

Peace.  It was the topic of Rev. Ollie's sermon and it spoke to my heart. I am sure he did not know how timely it was or how relevant it was to my life. And I know growing up in a family of ministers their hope was to reach maybe a handful of people with their sermons.

But peace is what I strive for after Joe's death.  The drama that surrounds my family, the secrets we keep in order to keep order, the unspoken words, the suffering we endure alone could be so alleviated if we lived our lives through peace.  To those that suffer peace could be achieved by just picking up the phone and asking the simple question of how are you.  Peace is to a friend or family a simple gesture of a squeeze of a hand, a touch on their arm, a straight on gaze into their eyes.  Giving them the out and the reassurance that you know how much it hurts.  Peace is the nod of quiet reflection and loud shouts from the roof tops.

Peace is giving to others every day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment