FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Survivors Remorse

Today at lunch a woman I just met, but had a common denominator of cancer, expressed her survivor's remorse.  Everyday she asks why did I survive and those, including my son, did not.  She asks everyday how she survived and for what reason.

I do not know the answer to this question.  I am sure I never will.  I have stopped asking "Why Joe?". A bright young man with a future beyond belief had his life cut short before any of his dreams could be realized.

Maybe those who survive and those who have lost a loved one have a mission to carry on.  Survivors find another path for their lives.  Those of us who are left behind find a way to help others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment