FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Weddings

We are back on the wedding circuit now that our friends daughters and sons are at the marrying age.  Each one is more lovely than the next and full of joy as the couple start their journey together.  They are young, full of hope for the future, clearly totally in love and in some cases add a bit of humor to an important ceremony.

But there it is, just about the time the groom walks in, that lump in my throat, those tears waiting to escape and my shaky hands.  Looking down and taking a deep breath is my defense against what has been dashed away from my life.  Don't take me wrong I am genuinely happy for every couple.  They have found their soul mate.  But Joe never had that chance.  He was cheated, we were cheated.  I will never know who he would have chosen or vice versa.  I will never see his family.  I will never dance at his wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment