FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Back to College

David flew off to Scotland on Monday compactly packed in his one small checked bag and two even smaller carry on bags.  He is a light traveler.  A message on my Facebook came late at night the he had arrived and was moved in to his apartment in St. Andrew's.  Tony leaves on Tuesday and will arrive in Chicago after our 14 hour drive.  I will deposit him at a friend's apartment until he can move in to the dorm on the 20th.  

And so starts the second year of college and leaving me to wonder where the time went.  So many had said to me when they were born the time goes by so quickly but that was hard to believe when stuck in those long days when they were babies. And somewhere between the diapers and the diplomas the time flew at warp speed.  Looking back now it seems that just one blink later they are talking about medical school, graduate school and careers.

I cannot control the time flying past me but I recognize the occasional pause as they share their` dreams of their futures. Then a second later they are off to another topic.  Yes, it is on to the second year with a snippet here or there and the  comfort of knowing they are on their way to wonderful lives.

Tony and David I wish you good luck in your second year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment